Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pulled Pork

This is what we're having for dinner tonight. I took dinner to someone from MOMS Club last week that just had a baby, and this is what I made. I still had some pork roasts in the freezer, so I thought we'd have it one night this week. I forgot to get it set up this morning before Cooking Club, so hopefully it gets done in time. I also forgot to get out my pork to defrost, so I'm hoping have the crockpot on high will help speed things along!

Pulled Pork
1-2 lbs pork loin roast
1 bottle barbecue sauce

Place pork roast(s) in crockpot. Pour in bottle of barbecue sauce. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours. Remove pork from crockpot, shred meat with two forks. Return pork to crockpot and mix with sauce. Serve on hamburger buns.

*****

Ridiculously easy. When I buy the pork roasts, it's usually around four pounds, so I cut it into one pound sections. I used two pounds of meat last week for the new mom, and I decided to use two pounds for us for tonight based on how much that made. It's probably going to be a bit too much, but then we'll have lunches the rest of the week. I'm not sure what we'll have with this yet. Maybe crinkle fries. I'll have to see what I have on hand.

Oh, and to mine I sprinkled Montreal Steak Seasoning over the pork roasts before adding in the barbecue sauce. I also added in a little honey because I bought the "Traditional" flavor BBQ sauce.

No comments: