Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fettuccine Alfredo

I'm a little late in posting tonight, we had a busy day. We've already eaten, and it was yummy. :) There are two fettuccine alfredo recipes I've found from Cooking Light that I've tried, one I like and the other is okay. This ended up being the one that is just okay.

Fettuccine Alfredo
1 pound uncooked fettuccine
1 tablespoon butter
1 1/4 cups half-and-half
3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add half-and-half, cheese, salt, and pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; add pasta, tossing gently to coat.

*****

To be sneaky and get my family to eat more veggies, I added in some pureed cauliflower. You couldn't taste it, but you could definitely smell it in the sauce. John actually asked, "Is there broccoli or something in this?" after he smelled it. Will loved it and ate it better than a lot of dinners I've fixed recently!