Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Irish-Italian Spaghetti Sauce

So this wasn't what I had orignally planned to make for dinner tonight. I was going to do a tamale pie type thing, but in reading over the recipe it sounded an awful lot like a chili casserole I make that the husband said he wasn't in a mood for. So I started looking for something else. I don't want to have to go to the store, and we've had chicken the past three nights, so I really wanted to find something to do with the veggie grounds I had planned on using. I found this recipe on the Campbell Soup website. I only have spaghetti as far as pasta goes, so I thought I'll give this a try.

Irish-Italian Spaghetti Sauce
1 lb. ground beef
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper

Lightly brown meat in a heavy skillet. Add soups and spices. Stir well, cover, and simmer at least 45 min. Add mushrooms if desired.

*****

I really have no idea how this is going to turn out. THere was only one review, and that person gave it five stars but left no comments. I'm either going to make spaghetti to go with it, or I think I have partial packages of linguine and fettucine, so I may just make what's left in those packages. My fingers are crossed that this turns out okay. If not, there's always our universal back-up plan of $5 pizza from Little Caesar's.

No comments: