Monday, January 14, 2008

Cajun Chicken Wraps

This was actually our dinner last night, I was lazy and never sat down to type it out for the ol' blog here. It was from the Weight Watchers website, four points if you're into that. I'd printed it out waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 2003 but never made it. I used to print out recipes from the website when I was bored at work, so I have quite a few. :) Plus I did WW many times off and on over the years. From the date on the recipe, this was when I was doing it for my wedding. :)

Cajun Chicken Wraps
3 Tbsp Cajun seasoning mix
1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp paprika
12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
4 medium fat-free flour tortillas
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 cups mixed baby greens
8 medium basil leaves
4 tsp fat-free mayonnaise
1-1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning mix

Combine 3 Tbsp seasoning mix, flour, and paprika. Season chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in seasoning mixture.

Coat a large, nonstick pan with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, add chicken to pan and saute until cooked through. Remove chicken from heat and set aside.

Combine mayo, lemon juice, and 1/2 tsp seasoning for dressing. On each tortilla spread 1 tsp dressing, add onion slices, greens, and two basil leaves. Top with chicken pieces and wrap.

*****

This was really good and really easy. I used a bit too much Cajun seasoning, so my son wouldn't eat it because it was too spicy, but the husband and I really liked it. I even scaled back and added less seasoning and more flour so Will would eat it, but I guess it wasn't enough. I skipped the onion and basil pieces because I didn't have either of those, and I did add in some shredded cheese because we like our cheese.

I'm having issues with tonight's dinner. I saw a recipe recently I wanted to make, but now I can't find the darn recipe for the life of me! I went back through my cookbook log but can't find it there, so it must have been a magazine or something. I'll have to do some more looking.

No comments: