Monday, October 15, 2007

Gyro Burgers

I discovered the coolest thing the other day--the website for Boca products has websites! Granted I had never been to their website before (www.bocaburger.com), but there were a ton of good sounding recipes, and you can search based on product. Nice! We buy the patties at Costco, so we always have those on hand. I thought this one sounded pretty good, and we had most of the stuff for it already.

Gyro Burgers
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen BOCA Meatless Original Burgers
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
1 clove garlic, peeled, minced
4 medium foldable whole wheat pita breads
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
1 cup shredded lettuce
1/4 of a medium unpeeled cucumber, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup crumbled reduced fat feta cheese

GRILL burgers as directed on pkg.
MEANWHILE, mix sour cream and garlic until well blended.
COVER pita breads with tomatoes, lettuce and cucumber; drizzle with sour cream sauce. Top each with 1 burger, cut in half. Sprinkle with feta cheese.

****

I'm actually not sure if we still have tomatoes or if we used them all with the pizzas. Not a big deal. And I think I may grate up some cucumber to add in with the sour cream to make it more of a tzatziki (sp?) sauce. If only I had a Trader Joe's nearby, I would just run out and get some from there because theirs is pretty good.

No comments: