Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Chicken Stir Fry

Man, I feel like I've been sitting here typing forever! This week I'm trying to use things I had on hand because I didn't want to spend a lot on groceries. That didn't really end up happening, but in my defense I shopped at Walmart so I bought things over than groceries, too.

Tonight we're having chicken stir fry which is always easy and a cheap dinner. I always have chicken breasts, rice, and teriyaki sauce on hand, so I just had to buy a bag of stir fry veggies (which, by the way, were more expensive at Walmart than my usual store...surprising!). I know I've posted it here before, so not very exciting, but tomorrow night's dinner is something brand-spankin' new so get excited!

Chicken Stir Fry
2-3 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 bag frozen stir fry vegetables
teriyaki sauce, to taste
hot, cooked rice

Cook chicken pieces in skillet or wok. Once cooked through, add in bag of frozen vegetables. Cover and cook until vegetables are heated through. Add in teriyaki sauce to your liking (we like it to be pretty saucy). Mix together, serve over rice.

*****

It's a pretty unofficial recipe as you can tell. I use Yoshida's Teriyaki for ours, I buy it at Costco in a big thing. After the chicken and veggies are cooked, I just pour some in the pan until it looks saucy enough and then stir to coat the chicken and veggies. I've also marinated the chicken in the sauce before cooking it, too, but I have to think ahead to do that, which I didn't today. I either have some kind of horrible cold that won't go away or my allergies are really bad. Not sure which, but either way there's not a lot getting done around my house!

No comments: