Wednesday, October 24, 2007

BBQ "Meatloaf"

Why is meatloaf in quotes, you might be asking? Because I'm making it with Boca grounds, not beef. I'm totally addicted to these things now, especially since I found the recipe section on their website. Plus the box is less than $3 at Walmart; you can't get lean ground beef for that price unless it's on sale! This is a new one for us, so we'll see how it turns out!

BBQ "Meatloaf" Bake
1 pkg. (12 oz.) frozen BOCA Meatless Ground Burger
1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup cholesterol-free egg product
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/4 cup ketchup

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Microwave ground burger in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min. Add all remaining ingredients except ketchup; mix lightly. Let stand 5 min.

SHAPE into loaf in 8-inch pie plate or into 2 smaller loaves in 2 miniature loaf pans sprayed with cooking spray. Spread top evenly with ketchup.

BAKE 35 min. or until cooked through.

*****

I think I have the Italian style bread crumbs, not plain, but I doubt that makes much difference. I'm excited to try it. I don't know what to have with it, though. I was thinking baked potatoes, but the only toppings we'd have would be butter and cheese since I used the last of our sour cream for the stuffed shells. I guess I'll look through the pantry and see what all we have.

No comments: