Sunday, October 21, 2007

Chicken Tacos

So we didn't end up over-seeding because it's really windy. My friend Jen informs me it took them an hour and their yard is probably three times the size of ours, so perhaps it's not as big a job as I thought. Regardless, I decided I didn't want to deal with making stuffed shells, so I went with crockpot chicken tacos. It took me awhile to find this, I couldn't remember which cookbook it was in. It's super easy, and we haven't had it in a long time, so I'm pretty excited.

Chicken Soft Tacos
1 to 1-1/2 pounds frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
14-1/2 oz can low-sodium diced tomates with green chilies
1 envelope low sodium taco seasoning

Place chicken breasts in slow cooker. Mix tomatoes with taco seasoning and pour over chicken. Cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve in soft tortillas. Top with salsa, low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, guacamole, and tomatoes.

*****

I don't used the reduced sodium for either. I buy taco seasoning in a big thng at Costco, so I use that. I also didn't have the tomatoes with green chilies, but I did have a can of green chilies, so I threw those in as well.

Now, once it's done cooking, I put the chicken into a bowl and use two forks to shred it. Then I add in some of the sauce that's in the crockpot. Add as much sauce as you like, but I like the extra flavoring it gives. I just remembered I have one avocado left I think, so we can even have guacamole with it! Hooray!

No comments: