Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Greek Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Feta

More feta tonight! We're actually going to the Diamondbacks game tonight, but we're going to eat before we go. Well, the husband and I are anyway--kids eat free on Wednesdays at the ballpark, so Will's getting a corn dog once we're there. This is another new recipe. I was looking at vegetarian pasta dishes on the Cooking Light website over the weekend and thought this looked good, plus I had everything on hand for it.

Greek Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Feta
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 large garlic clove, minced
3 cups diced tomato
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 cups hot cooked thin spaghetti (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese, divided
Freshly ground pepper
Lemon slices (optional)
Green onions (optional)

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oregano and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, green onions, 2 tablespoons parsley, and lemon juice; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

Combine tomato mixture, spaghetti, and 3/4 cup cheese; toss gently. Top with remaining cheese and parsley, and serve with pepper. Garnish with lemon slices and green onions, if desired.

*****

I just realized I don't have green onions, but I'll just use regular I guess. I'm also using canned diced tomatoes instead of cutting up my own. What can I say, I'm lazy and it was a lot cheaper. :)

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I'm intrigued! You know how I love me some pasta. Looking forward to your review.

Claire said...

LOL...you are definitely a pasta whore! ;)