Monday, August 20, 2007

Barbecue Chicken Cups

I'm such a slacker!! Forgot to post Friday, forgot to post yesterday. I don't know where my brain has been! Last night I made another recipe to use some of the leftover chicken. I thought that would finish it up, but nope! I still have some. I may try freezing it and just use it for something else. I found this recipe on a "frugal recipe" website when we were low on funds one week. I didn't end up making it that time, but I did a few weeks ago when I had some leftover chicken to use up. This is so easy, so cheap, and so good!

Barbecue Cups
1 can of biscuits
2-3 c. shredded chicken
1 c. barbeque sauce
1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions:
Preheat oven 375 degrees. Mix chicken and barbecue sauce together in a bowl. Place biscuits in a muffin tin and push up the sides, making a cup. Spoon chicken mixture in uncooked biscuit cups and bake approximately 12 minutes. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle cheese over chicken. Return to oven and bake another 3-5 minutes until biscuits are golden brown and cheese is melted.

*****

Last time when I made them I sliced up some green onions and sprinkled on the top with the cheese, but I didn't have any this time. This makes 3-4 servings depending on how hungry you are. :)

No comments: