Thursday, August 16, 2007

Blackened Fish Tacos

Man, today sure did get away from me! I was getting out my recipe to see when I needed to start dinner and realized I had never posted it today! This is another new recipe, this time from a Pampered Chef cookbook. The finished product in the picture looks good, so we'll see how it turns out!

Blackened Fish Tacos
Slaw:
1/4 cup sliced green onions with tops
2 Tbsp snipped fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp Cajun or blackened fish seasoning
2 cups broccoli slaw mix

Fish:
1 pound tilapia or catfish fillets
1 Tbsp Cajun or blackened fish seasoning
1 avocado, seeded and sliced
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
3 medium radishes
Additional snipped fresh cilantro (optional)

For slaw, combine green onions, cilantro, lime juice, oil, garlic, sugar, and Cajun seasoning. Whisk until blended. Add slaw mix; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.

Heat grill pan over medium heat 5 minutes. Moisten fish fillets with water and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Lightly spray pan with vegetable oil. Place fillets in pan; cook over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork, carefully turning once. Remove from heat. Flake fish into bite-size pieces.

Cut avocado in half lengthwise; remove seed and cut flesh away from skin. Cut one avocado half into slices. Reserve remaining half for another use. Warm tortillas in microwave or oven. Once heated, top tortillas evenly with slaw mixture and fish. Grate radisehs evenly over fish. Top with avocado slices and sprinkle with additional cilantro.

*****

We're having catfish in our tacos because I got some on "Manager's Special" at the grocery a few weeks ago and stuck it in the freezer. And I'm using regular cole slaw mix because I bought it for something else and didn't use it. Oh, and for Cajun seasoning, I like Tony Chachere's. We use it on everything. Seriously...everything. Oh, and I don't like corn tortillas, so we're using flour.

So there you have it! I'll let you know how it turns out...I'm hoping better than the tofu fried rice! :)

No comments: