Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Baked Tilapia

Okay, once again I'm late in posting. This was because I had no idea what to make for dinner until about 4:45 when I called my husband and asked if he wanted lasagna or fish. After our binge weekend we're both trying to drop a couple pounds that we gained, so we went with the fish. I had bought some tilapia a few weeks ago at the grocery and had it in the freezer. I found an easy recipe for it and dinner was set! This was our first time having tilapia, and it was pretty good.

Baked Tilapia
1 sprays cooking spray
20 oz raw tilapia, four 5 oz fillets
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp garlic herb seasoning, salt-free

Preheat broiler. Coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Season both sides of fish with salt and pepper. Transfer fish to prepared pan and drizzle with lemon juice; sprinkle garlic herb seasoning over top. Broil until fish is fork-tender, about 5 minutes.

*****

Now, I'm not even really sure why I'm posting this recipe because I did it totally different. It's hot in Phoenix in the summer. My house gets hot in the summer. I don't like using the broiler in the summer in Phoenix because it's hot. Have I emphasized enough that it's hot? So I did it in a skillet on top of the stove. I used a little olive oil instead of the cooking spray. Sprinkled the fish with salt and pepper and also added a little spice blend I have from Pasta & Co that's basically like Italian seasoning. After my pan was hot, I put the fish in, seasoned side down, and cooked it for probably 5 minutes per side. I forgot all about the lemon juice, but since I really wasn't following the recipe in the first place, I figured that wasn't a big deal. Although the husband did say some lemon on it would have been nice. Oh well, next time.

With it we had that creamy parmesan orzo I made awhile back, only I was out of parmesan so I used mozzarella instead. And instead of basil I used the same seasoning I put on the fish. I have to say, I liked it better this way. So, all in all, it was a really good dinner. The boy didn't really like the fish, but he's 18 months old so I didn't really expect him to.

No comments: