Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Crockpot Barbecue Chicken

Now I know this one will be better than last night's, although I don't think anything could be worse. We've had this once before and it was really yummy. I love cooking whole chickens in my crockpot because we generally get three meals out of one chicken. Tomorrow night we're having something different, but Friday and Saturday nights' dinners will be using leftover chicken.

Crockpot Barbecue Chicken
1/4 c. water
3 tbsp. catsup
3 tbsp. vinegar
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. lemon juice
3 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 (2 1/2 or 3 lb.) chicken

Combine water, catsup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, butter and seasoning in a saucepan; heat to boiling. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Place chicken in the crock pot and pour sauce over it. Cook slowly overnight or on high for 6 to 7 hours. This barbecue sauce can also be used with pork and beef.

*****

We had this several weeks ago, and it was really good. I'm always looking for new crockpot chicken recipes because I always seem to use the same one, so I was really glad when my friend Jen sent this to me. Not sure what we're going to have with it. I was thinking maybe I'd make au gratin potatoes, and I bought some broccoli at the store on Monday, but I'm the only one in the house that eats it (the dog won't even go near it).

No comments: