Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Taco Crescent Bake

Okay, I know I have a few recipes to go back and post, but I figure I'll start with what I'm doing tonight and post the others at my leisure. I think there's three I'm missing, and they're all things I've made before, so you aren't missing out on any big things. Plus you got the Peanut Butter Frosting, so no complaining! ;)

This is from the cookbook from my message board. I've wanted to try it for awhile and decided this was the week! I've read good things about it from people who have tried it already. My mom said she had a similar recipe she used to make called Taco Pie or Nacho Pie, something like that.

Taco Crescent Bake
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
2 cups crushed corn chips
1 can tomato sauce
1 pkg crescent rolls
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheese

Grease/spray a 9x13 baking pan. Spread out the cresent roll dough along the bottom and sides. Pinch the perforations closed. Crumble a layer of half the chips. Brown and drain the ground beef. Add tomato sauce and taco seasoning to the ground beef and simmer a few minutes. Pour beef mixture over chips. Top with sour cream, cheese and remaining chips. Bake. Enjoy!

*****

I'm excited to try it. I heart casseroles. I only have a pound of ground beef, though. Actually I think I saw 1/2 pound in the freezer last night, so maybe I'll thaw that out and include it. Now to get on with dinner since it's already 5:20!

No comments: