Monday, July 14, 2008

Ragu Fresh & Simple pasta sauce

I just have to mention this stuff because we had it last night. I told you I've been lazy, and cooking dinner doesn't get much faster/easier/lazy than boiling some water, throwing in spaghetti noodles, and pouring on sauce.

These new Ragu pouches were on sale a couple weeks ago, and I had a coupon, so they ended up being less than $1 each. I figured it was worth trying for that price.



They were surprisingly not bad. The sauce tasted a lot fresher than the jar of Ragu, you could actually taste the spices in the sauce which I appreciated. I'm trying to use less processed foods (do you know how gross and horrible high fructose corn syrup is?!), so reading over the ingredients I was pleasantly surprised that this was actually somewhat decent stuff. THe pouch said it was approximately three servings, and I'd say that was about right. It was definitely better fresh than when I reheated it for lunch today (well, I reheated the pasta with the sauce mixed in already). If I could get it on sale and with a coupon again, I'd probably buy it, but I don't think I'd get it on a regular basis, mostly because of price and the amount you get. We do have one more pouch of it left that I'll use some time.

(Sorry the picture is only partial...don't know why that is)

No comments: