Monday, July 14, 2008

Chili Cheese Tortilla Wraps

Okay, I may have missed a couple, but if I did it wasn't any great thing. Don't worry, you aren't missing out on the newest most best ever recipe. Even this coming week I just don't feel really motivated to cook. Or I guess I should say I didn't feel motivated to plan out dinners. I'm trying to use up some stuff we have on hand, but none of what I've planned really sounds good to me. You know what does sound good? The assortment bag of Mother's Cookies I bought at the grocery store today. I'm ashamed to say how many I've eaten, so I won't go into any more detail.

This is one of our favorite dinners, and I don't think we've had it in awhile. I have quite a few crockpot meals planned this week, so be ready! That reminds me, I need to get out the meat for tomorrow night's dinner while I'm thinking of it. These burritos are super easy to throw together and just let sit in the crockpot for a few hours. I'm all about easy dinners.

Chili Cheese Tortilla Wraps
1 16-oz can nonfat refried beans
1 8-oz package nonfat cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
1 4-oz can diced green chilies, drained
3/4 cup chopped green onions
1 cup nonfat shredded cheddar cheese
4 98% fat free flour tortillas

Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine refried beans, cream cheese, chilies, and green onions in slow cooker and mix well. Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours or high heat for 2 hours, stirring once or twice during cooking. If cooking on low heat, increase to high. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheesse and sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over top. Warm tortillas. Spoon bean mixture into tortillas; roll and serve immediately. Can be served with tortilla chips instead of tortillas.

*****

Now, my son isn't big on spicy, so he doesn't eat these, even though they aren't THAT spicy. I usually just make him a quesadilla instead. But the husband and I heart this very much, and since everything is low in fat (I buy Rosarita Fat Free Green Chili and Lime refried beans), it's pretty darn healthy too. As long as you don't eat the whole pot of beans. ;)

No comments: