Sunday, July 20, 2008

Pork Chops and Swamp

Originally we were going to have grilled brats tonight, but I realized around 2:00 that we didn't have any buns. Better to think of it then instead of 5:00!! I checked my freezer and realized I had some pork and all the ingredients for Pork Chops and Swamp, so that's what we're having. I'm excited...we haven't had it in awhile, and I heart it so much!

I would like to make another batch of apple dumplings to have for dinner, but the only ingredients I have are one Granny Smith apple, the butter and sugar. Sigh. Plus it's probably not that good for our hearts. ;)

Pork Chops and Swamp
4 pork chops (I like boneless but you can use bone-in)
mustard
flour
oil
1 packet Lipton Noodle Soup
Water

Spread each side of the pork chops with mustard, then dredge in flour. Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a frying pan and add pork chops. Brown on each side. Sprinkle one packet of noodle soup in pan around the pork chops (not on the pork chops). Add water to pan to about the top of the pork chops. Cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring "swamp" and adding more water as necessary.

Serve with mashed potatoes using swamp as gravy.

*****

When I went back to find this recipe in my blog I saw I had planned on making double swamp, but I only have one packet of soup mix. Oh well. I'm totally excited for this. I think we'll have either green beans or peas on the side.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when you made this for me!! Wow! And our MANY conversations about it beforehand! I made this tonight for my family, and it was a HUGE HIT! Thanks for what you are doing with this site, I absolutely LOVE it! I've used a few of your recipes, and all great! I look here daily!