Sunday, July 27, 2008

Review

Oops...I fell way behind again, didn't I. These short naps my kid is taking are driving me crazy!! I started bribing him--I mean I started a reward system--this past week, and it seems to be helping some. I'll have to go see what all it was we had this past week to post the recipes, but I figured I'd at least review the enchiladas.

They were okay. I remember them being a lot better when I've made them before. I don't know if it's because I didn't usually use two pounds of ground beef or what, but they were just kind of bland. I threw in a second can of green chilies hoping that would help, but it didn't. I did let the mixture simmer on the stove some before putting it in the tortillas, and that helped a little. I don't know, it was just kind of blah. And I couldn't figure out anything to add to it that wouldn't drastically change the flavor. I wanted to add flavor, not just spice or heat. I think I'll stick with my other white girl enchilada recipe going forward. But don't tell Pam!

No comments: