Monday, June 8, 2009

Shower Food

We are back from our quick weekend jaunt to Boise. It was so great to see my best friend--I really miss her. :( We've known each other since our ages were single digits. I'm so excited for her to be a mommy. She and her husband are going to be great parents. Her shower was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed putting together all of the food. We had a ton, but a lot of it was eaten, so it must have been a hit. I figured I would list everything I made in one post, linking to previous posts of recipes and posting ones I haven't done before. So, here goes!!

Hummus

Smoked Salmon Dip

Vegetable Dip

Floating Island Punch

Confetti Pasta Salad

Chile Cheese Spirals
4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
3 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 can (2 1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
4 (8-inch) soft taco-size reduced-fat flour tortillas
Bottled chunky salsa

COMBINE cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chiles, green onions, bell pepper and olives in medium bowl.

SPREAD 1/2 cup cheese mixture on each tortilla; roll up. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour.

REMOVE plastic wrap; slice each roll into six 3/4-inch pieces. Serve with salsa for dipping.

Pioneer Woman's Mystery Rolls

2 sticks butter
4 to 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
2 cans flaky biscuits
Combine butter and cheese on baking pan. Place into 350 oven for a couple of minutes, or until butter is melted. Remove from oven and stir. Cut biscuits into fourths, then toss in butter mixture. Bake on same pan (or different, if you prefer) for 8 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Eat warm.

Queso Dip

1 lb. VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 can (10 oz.) RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained

MIX ingredients in microwaveable bowl.

MICROWAVE on HIGH 5 min. or until VELVEETA is completely melted, stirring after 3 min.

SERVE with assorted cut-up fresh vegetables, WHEAT THINS Original Crackers or tortilla chips.

*****

I think that was it. Oh, I did a baked brie, but that's just puff pastry around a wheel of brie, so not really worth posting a recipe. I need to upload my pictures and look at the food spread to see if I missed anything. We also bought a few things from Costco--their turkey roll sandwiches, shrimp cocktail, a broccoli salad, fruit and veggie trays, sliced cheese for cheese and crackers. The Mystery Rolls were fantastic...I think I'm going to make them to bring to Bunco later this week. I couldn't stop eating them. They were especially tasty with some of the smoked salmon dip on them. Yum!





That's the boy sampling some of the food.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This all sounds really yummy!