Saturday, June 27, 2009

Orange Roughy in Garlic Butter Recipe

Last night the husband and I decided to do our usual Friday night mini date night where we have dinner after the kids go to bed. We weren't really hungry, and I forgot to get out some chicken to defrost, so we ended up getting Little Ceasar's pizza. See, it is always our universal back-up plan! Today was hairy, to say the least. It was like the boy was replaced with some three year old monster that looked just like my sweet boy. He was in bed at 6:30! Man alive. We had decided earlier today to have another mini date night tonight, so once the baby goes to bed, it's date night time! I got out some orange roughy fillets I had in the freezer for us to have but wasn't sure what to do with them. I found this recipe on RecipeZaar.com and thought it sounded tasty and easy--one of my favorite combinations! (Spell check is saying that 'combinations' isn't a word, but I swear it is, right?!)


Orange Roughy in Garlic Butter
Recipe #83463

1/2 lb orange roughy, cut into fillets
3 tablespoons butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon white wine
1/4 cup onion, cut into rings
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 450. Rinse fillets in water, pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add garlic, and white wine, stirring until all is mixed together. Spray a small square glass baking dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and pepper, and lay fish fillets in the dish. Lay onion rings on top of fish, and pour garlic butter mixture over everything. Bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes, until fish flakes when you pick at it with a fork.

*****

I'm not sure what we're going to have with this. I think I'll see if I have some orzo in the pantry and make creamy parmesan orzo or an orzo feta salad recipe I came across recently. If we don't have orzo then I have no idea and will have to come up with something I guess.

*****

Mmmmmmm...this was some good fish! It was so easy to prepare, and the flavor was really good. I ended up making the parmesan orzo as a side. I should rename this to "dinner in beige" because there was absolutely no color on the plate!

No comments: