Monday, April 13, 2009

Pasta with Creamy Tomato and Goat Cheese Sauce

I'm really grumpy. I think still waking up multiple times a night to feed the baby are catching up with me. I figure the last time I had a decent night's sleep had to have been back when I was seven or eight months pregnant, so that means I'm going on six or seven months of poor sleep. It's definitely starting to get to me. So, I've been grumpy lately. I'm also tired of having all this post baby weight which makes me grumpy, and my allergies have been killing me today, so that's another reason to be grumpy. Not a fun day at our house, in case you couldn't tell.

anyway, I'm making an easy dinner tonight because I'm not in the mood for anythiing complicated. Plus I had this planned out for tonight anyway. Maybe--just maybe--the baby will sleep decently tonight or at least only get up once so I can be well rested tomorrow and return to being my normal, jovial self. Okay, maybe jovial is an over-statement, but I don't want to be grumpy and tired anymore!

Pasta with Creamy Tomato and Goat Cheese Sauce
1 16-ounce box farfalle or rotini pasta
2 cups favorite prepared pasta sauce
1 4-ounce log goat cheese, cut into four pieces

In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a serving dish. In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the pasta sauce for 5-10 minutes or until lightly bubbling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Add the goat cheese to the pasta sauce and stir until melted and smooth. Pour the hot sauce over the pasta; toss to coat.

*****

Normally I use my own sauce, but the husband opened a jar of sauce from the pantry to make a quick pizza for the boy the other day, so I'm going to use that up. I think it's Classico brand Carbernet Marinara or something like that. I'm going to heat up some broccoli to go with this and some bread.

No comments: