Thursday, April 2, 2009

Italian Seasoned Fries

These are the fries we had with the Italian Beef sandwiches last night. They were from one of my Southern Living cookbooks. They sounded pretty easy, and I had everything on hand for them. Double bonus!

Italian Seasoned Fries
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 Tbsp vegetable oil or melted butter/margarine
1 28-ounce package frozen steak fries
3/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt

Combine eggs and oil in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. Add frozen fries; seal bag and toss. Combine breadcrumbs and cheese; add to fries; toss well. Place coated fries in a single layer on a lightly greased large baking sheet or jelly roll pan; sprinkle with salt. Bake, uncovered, at 450 for 22 minutes or until browned and crisp. Yield: 8 servings.

*****

Again, I forgot to take a picture of them. Oops. These were okay. My fries weren't all that coated, so I think I'd either double the amount for the seasonings or cut the amount of fries in half. Probably the latter because the whole bag of fries made a lot. I'm actually not sure why I went ahead and cooked the whole bag--I don't normally cook the whole bag when we have fries as a side dish. Overall they weren't great, but they weren't bad.

No comments: