Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Banana Bread

I'm still a bit under the weather, but I'm not quite as run down as I was yesterday. I'm still trying to take it easy. Like both kids are napping right now, so I feel like I should be mopping the kitchen or cleaning the boy's bathroom or putting away the ridiculous piles of laundry I folded this morning, but instead I'm relaxing on the couch playing online. Maybe I'll take the piles of laundry upstairs after I'm done here...that would at least be something.

Anyway, I had two bananas on my counter that desperately needed to be used, so I asked the boy if he wanted to make banana bread. He was beyond excited. He loves helping in the kitchen, so when we got home from grocery shopping (my first time doing it with both kids!) we made some up. I don't think I've ever shared my banana bread recipe, and I figured while I still had the recipe card out, now was as good a time as any. This is my mom's banana bread recipe, and honestly I've never found a recipe I like better.

Banana Bread
2 eggs
2 bananas
2/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. oil
1-3/4 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. soda
1/2 t. salt

Beat eggs well. Cut banana into 1-inch pieces into bowl with eggs. Mix well. Add sugar and oil. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to wet mixture. Stir to combine. Pour in greased loaf pan, and bake at 350 for 55 minutes.

*****

Yum. I've already had two pieces from the loaf, although one was really, really thin, so I don't think it counts. Also, I don't sift the dry ingredients. That just means I'd have more dirty dishes to contend with, and I hate dirty dishes. So I just pour everything in and go to town.

No comments: