Saturday, April 25, 2009

Macaroni and Cheese

We're going to a potluck tonight, and our name puts us into the "bring a side dish" category. It's a going away party for the pastor of our old church--he and his wife are moving to India to do mission work. I wasn't really sure what to take, and then macaroni and cheese popped into my head. This is my mother-in-law's recipe.

Aurelia's Macaroni and Cheese
(these are "unmeasured ingredients", add to your taste)
hot boiled macaroni (8 to 12 ounce bag)
1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese (~8oz)
parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
butter or margarine (1/2 stick)
few tablespoons of milk
salt/pepper

boil macaroni, drain. mix all other ingredients into the hot macaroni. place in 350 oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
(toss in other cheeses as you like. ie american is good)

*****

I always add in two bags of cheese because I find one bag just isn't enough.

No comments: