Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Review

Wow. The lo mein was FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC! The tofu turned out exactly how I wanted it to, which is how I had wanted it to turn out for my failed attempt at tofu fried rice. This is definitely a kepper, and it was so easy and so cheap. Two of my favorite qualities in a meal!

I'll share Joanne's tip on getting the water out of tofu. It worked great!

"Here's my suggestion - place a small plate on top the tofu, rightside up. It's helpful if it's a flat bottom. On top of the plate, place a bowl filled with water. The weight of the water in the bowl will help press the water out of the tofu. I sometimes squeeze the tofu slightly as well if it's extra firm and can handle the pressure. Hope that helps!"

Thanks, Jo, it helped a lot! I put a couple paper towels on the bottom plate to soak up the water then changed them out as they got wet. Worked great, and the tofu browned up really nicely.