Thursday, September 20, 2007

Easy Chicken Bake

I had another crockpot dinner planned for tonight, but I realized too late that I hadn't started it early enough. It was similar to the recipe I ended up finding which worked out since I have everything for it. The crockpot one called for chicken, cream of mushroom soup, and Stove Top basically, so I checked the back of the Stove Top box for other recipes. So that's where this came from! (I found the recipe on the Kraft Foods website, so I just copied it from there so I didn't have to type everything!)

Easy Chicken Bake
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
1 bag (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed, drained

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package; set aside.
MIX chicken, soup, sour cream and vegetables in 13x9-inch baking dish; top with stuffing.
BAKE 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through.

*****

I'm pretty sure I've made this at some point, back in my working days when I got home from work and was scrounging around for something to make. Sounds super easy, I have everything I need for it, so what more can a girl ask for. The recipe on the box is actually slightly different, but I like this online version better.

No comments: