Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Chili Cheese Tortilla Wraps

I stumbled across this one in one of my crockpot cookbooks when I was looking for something to fix last week with the limited groceries we had on hand since I hadn't been to the market in almost two weeks. Sounded super easy and yummy, so I figure those are always worth trying!

Chili Cheese Tortilla Wraps
1 16-oz can nonfat refried beans
1 8-oz package nonfat cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
1 4-oz can diced green chilies, drained
3/4 cup chopped green onions
1 cup nonfat shredded cheddar cheese
4 98% fat free flour tortillas

Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine refried beans, cream cheese, chilies, and green onions in slow cooker and mix well. Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours or high heat for 2 hours, stirring once or twice during cooking. If cooking on low heat, increase to high. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheesse and sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over top. Warm tortillas. Spoon bean mixture into tortillas; roll and serve immediately. Can be served with tortilla chipos instead of tortillas.

*****

So the only thing I didn't do was the green onions because I forgot to buy them at the store. Plus 3/4 cup seems like a lot of green onions. It took me all of five minutes to put this in the crockpot which was nice, and part of that time was waiting for the cream cheese to soften in the microwave. Also, I'm not using nonfat cheese. I hate nonfat cheese, so I use 2%. When they take out the fat it must take out the melting factor of cheese, too, because it never melts well. The 2% cheese doesn't melt great, but it's better than nonfat!

No comments: