Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Burgers, Saturday 9/1

Since we had our usual pizza on Friday night, I figured no point in posting. Did them the same as always and they were great. It was fun to have a pepperoni one and a canadian bacon & pineapple. Hadn't had either of those pizza flavors in awhile. Yes, I call pizza toppings "flavors." I don't know why, but I always have.

Anyway. I figured we couldn't NOT have grilled burgers at some point over Labor Day weekend, even though we rarely eat red meat anymore. I'd bought some super lean hamburger on sale at Walmart a few weeks ago and stuck it in the freezer, so we had the stuff on hand. They were so freakin' good. We make great hamburgers. Here's how I do them.

Claire Knightly's Awesome Grilled Burgers
1 pound lean ground beef
1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup mix
1/2 cup red wine

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Form into patties. Grill until done.

*****

Simple, huh? They taste so good. I had always done the burger recipe on the Lipton onion soup box, but there's a restaurant here in Phoenix called Wineburger and they baste the burgers with red wine while they cook. So I thought, why not switch out the water on the Lipton recipe for red wine. And we've been doing it that way ever since. We buy those little "single serve" size bottles of wine that come in packs of four. We use about half of one of those bottles with each batch.

I also made potato salad to go with it, but it was the one from the mayonnaise jar. Nothing too exciting there!

No comments: