Thursday, July 2, 2009

Cheerios Breakfast Cookies

Back in May when I went to San Diego with my mom and my friend Jen B. and our crazy bobo boys, Jen made some really yummy breakfast cookies for the trip. I'd been wanting to make them myself but always forgot to buy Cheerios for them. The boy isn't really a fan of Cheerios, so they aren't a cereal I normally have on hand. I grabbed a box of Trader Joe's Cheerios-equivalent when I was there last time, and yesterday the boy and I finally made these. The dough was really tasty, and I'm not usually a cookie dough eater.

Cheerios Breakfast Cookies
From: recipezaar.com/recipe #142860

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
1 cup old fashioned oats or quick-cooking oat
1 cup raisins
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375°. Stir together sugar, butter, peanut butter, water, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients except cereal. Gently stir in cereal.
2. Drop dough by rounded 1/3 cupfuls 4 inches apart onto ungreased large cookie sheet. Flatten dough to about 1 inch thick.
3. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet. Store loosely covered.

© 2009 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: