Monday, July 20, 2009

Bubble Pizza

We're having kind of a ghetto dinner tonight, but I'm okay with it. I have a folder of recipes that I've been collecting since college. It actually started as a little cookbook I made myself when I moved out of the dorms and would be having to cook for myself. I didn't always like to cook, I only really started doing it at that time. Over the years as I printed off recipes or came across them in magazines I'd stick them in this folder. I hadn't gone through it in awhile, so this weekend I sat down and went through it. Most of the dinners I'm making this week are recipes I came across in there that I haven't made in forever or have never made.

This recipe I found on a frugal/budget website several years ago. We were low on funds so I was looking for some frugal recipes. I've made other recipes I found on there and they've all been good. I had some pepperoni in the fridge that I need to use up, so I thought this might be a good use for it.

Bubble Up Pizza

3 pkgs. refrigerator biscuits
1 can or jar of spaghetti sauce
Shredded cheese
Pizza toppings of your choice (I'm using pepperoni, green pepper, and mushrooms...I was having vegetable guilt)

Cut biscuits into quarters and place in a 9x13 baking dish. Add sauce, stir to coat, and spread evenly in bottom of pan. Top with cheese, then toppings, (I usually stick to 3 toppings at a time).

Bake at 375 degrees for about 35-40 min. Be sure to check middle to make sure all the dough is cooked through.

*****

See? Pretty ghetto, but I'm actually looking forward to trying it. Plus I'm hoping the boy will enjoy it, so we won't have to fight him to eat at dinner tonight. I think we'll probably just have a salad on the side. Oh, and I'm going to make up some sauce using a can of crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and some onion and garlic. I can only handle so many processed foods at a time. ;)

*****

There were mixed reviews on this. The husband LOVED it. He said he could eat the whole pan of it. I thought it was just okay. If I'm going to make pizza I'd rather make real pizza. I'll probably only make this again if he requests it. It wasn't bad necessarily, just not my favorite.

No comments: