Thursday, August 21, 2008

Taco Crescent Bake

I've been dying to make this recipe again since the first time we had it a month ago or so. I was going to make it last week when I needed to rearrange my menu, but I didn't have crescent rolls. Hamburger was on sale this week, so I figured it would work out great to have it now. I'm so excited.

Taco Crescent Bake
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
2 cups crushed corn chips
1 can tomato sauce
1 pkg crescent rolls
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheese

Grease/spray a 9x13 baking pan. Spread out the cresent roll dough along the bottom and sides. Pinch the perforations closed. Crumble a layer of half the chips. Brown and drain the ground beef. Add tomato sauce and taco seasoning to the ground beef and simmer a few minutes. Pour beef mixture over chips. Top with sour cream, cheese and remaining chips. Bake. Enjoy!


I can't remember if I used one pound or the 1.5 pounds of ground beef called for when I made it last time. I had made a comment on my post that I thought I had a half pound of hamburger in the freezer I could use, so my guess is I did use the full amount. I think the taco chips I have are a little stale, but I don't think that will be a big deal. Or maybe I'll be surprised and they're fine.

I'm trying to include more vegetables at dinner because I always forget until we're sitting down to eat. I have some yummy canned corn from Trader Joe's, so I think I'll heat up one of those to go with it. I can't wait for dinner!


Jen B. said...

Ohhhhh....Taco Crescent Bake. Yum. Your dinner kicked my dinner's butt.

Brooke said...

We've made this two or three times since you posted the recipe. It is a favorite in our house!