Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Review

Wow. Wow! Wow!!! The eggplant parmesan was awesome. Awesome, I tell you!! It was definitely time consuming, I'm glad I got the eggplant fried and the whoel thing assembled during naptime, otherwise it would have been really late when we were eating. The recipe had said that the eggplant browned really quickly, but mine took awhile. Not sure if I didn't have enough oil or it wasn't hot enough (it seemed hot enough), but it took a few minutes per side. I actually ended up putting my first batch back in for awhile because it wasn't nice and golden brown like the later batches.

The tomato sauce was really good, too. I let it simmer for probably three hours. I felt like an Italian mama having a pot of sauce simmering on my stove for that long. :) It was super easy to put together and tasted really yummy. I used probably half of it for the eggplant parm and froze the other half.

Assembly of the eggplant was really easy. For the parmesan cheese layer, I just held my microplane over the casserole dish (I used a 9x13) and grated the cheese all over the top. I didn't use fresh mozzarella either, just regular. And I used more than a pound because I bought a one pound block of it but also added some shredded mozzarella I had in the fridge.

I took pictures while I was doing stuff and added them into the recipe posting. Have something handy to wipe up your drool while you're looking at them. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds and looks AWESOME! Which cookbook is this from?