Monday, August 18, 2008

Review

The cheesecake was yummy. I wouldn't say it was spectacular, but it was tasty for sure. The blackberries macerated (is that right?) really fast. I think the cheesecake could have sat in the fridge for longer than two hours, too. When I had some bites of it this morning I thought it was better than it was last night. There were some berries left, but I haven't had any yet today. I think I prefer a graham cracker crust for cheesecake instead of the one in this recipe. It was good, but I like the flavor of a graham cracker crust better.

Anyway, it was a nice treat because the husband doesn't like cheesecake, so I rarely eat it and I NEVER make it.

ETA: the blackberries DO NOT last overnight. DO NOT let them sit overnight. You'll be amazed at what nastiness they turn into in that amount of time.

No comments: