Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Chicken Korma

We were going to have this last night, but I've come down with a yucky cold. I did make dinner to take to a friend (a Rick Bayless Mexican recipe that I'll eventually make for us), but that was it. I was going to post that recipe, but I couldn't find it online and didn't feel like typing it out. I'll type it out when I eventually make it.

Anyway, my week of Trader Joe's feasting continues. Tonight we're having Chicken Korma which is my most favorite Indian dish. I heart Indian food and NEVER get to have it. Remember when I said I had a friend that used to go eat Thai food with me? We went for Indian a lot too. The husband HATES Indian food (he doesn't know tonight's dinner is Indian), so I really never ever get it. This dinner is ridiculously easy.

Chicken Korma
1 lb. chicken breast, diced (or tofu)
1 jar Trade Joe's Chicken Korma simmer sauce
8 ounces water

Brown chicken in skillet until mostly cooked. Add jar of simmer sauce and eight ounces water. Simmer until heated through.


We're having basmati rice with it and some garlic naan bread. I heart naan! It's on the stove right now, and it's looking like the eight ounces of water might be a bit much. Granted it's been a long time since I've had chicken korma, but I'm pretty sure the sauce was thicker than this is looking.

1 comment:

Mallika said...

I love chicken korma too. It's actually fairly easy to make from scratch, if you have all the ingredients.