Saturday, August 2, 2008

Pulled Pork

My friend April had a baby just about two weeks ago. We were going to meet some friends for lunch yesterday out near her, so I asked if we could bring dinner over and meet baby Jace. I had planned on making pulled pork in the crockpot on Thursday night, so I just threw in an extra pound of pork roast to take that over for them. I had planned on fancying it up a bit, but then I was lazy when I was tossing stuff in the crockpot.

Pulled Pork
1-2 pounds pork loin roast
1 bottle barbecue sauce

Place pork roast(s) in crockpot. Cover with barbecue sauce. Sometimes I pour a little water into the bottle when it's mostly empty and shake it around to get the sauce that's stuck to the sides. Cook on low 6-8 hours (if still frozen when you put it in, it will be more like eight hours). Remove pork, shred with two forks, and mix in some sauce. Serve on hamburger buns.

*****

So easy! My plan had been to dice up some onion and add in some stuff to perk up the bottled BBQ sauce, but like I said, I was lazy. It turned out fine, so I have no complaints.

Last night we had a banquet at church so I was off the hook for dinner. Now tonight we're going to my mom's and getting yummy Mexican take-out. Woo hoo...two nights off of cooking duty! Stay tuned for my recipe tomorrow night...I'm going to attempt eggplant parmesan for the first time. And this coming week is going to be a Trader Joe's fest!! Pregnant women should not go to TJ's when they are hungry, but man alive did I get some yummy stuff, and I won't really have to go shopping this coming week.

No comments: