Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Quick Boca Pasta Dinner

So first of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! Well, yesterday anyway. That's why I've been MIA the past few days. Sunday night we went to my grandma's for my family birthday dinner. She made me veal birds, but it's not really veal. It's round steak pounded thin, then topped with stuffing, and rolled up. My grandma's stuffing is AWESOME, so I thought this was a great way to have it but not have turkey. She also made me carrot cake, again AWESOME.

Anyway, Monday was my actual birthday and the plan I had for dinner fell through. We were going to get Chinese food but decided that didn't sound very good. The husband said he'd cook for me (wow...twice in a year already!) and finally decided on patty melts since I have never had one. For those of you not in the know, a patty melt is a burger with grilled onions in a grilled cheese sandwich. It was so good! I have a fantastic husband!

But tonight it was back to realty. It seemed like we've been on a beef binge lately, so we wanted some vegetarian meals to get back on track. That meant I had to redo my menu for the week, but whatever. I checked the Boca website for recipes and came across this one. I changed it up a bit, however.

Quick BOCA® Pasta Dinner
8 oz. whole wheat corkscrew noodles
1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
2 pouches (1 cup each) BOCA Meatless Ground Burger
1 bag (16 oz.) frozen Italian-style vegetable combination
2 Tbsp. KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese

COOK pasta as directed on package.
MEANWHILE, mix spaghetti sauce, ground burger and vegetables in large saucepan; cook on medium heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
DRAIN pasta; place on large platter. Top with sauce; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

*****

I couldn't find Italian-style veggies, so I used California instead (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots). Once the pasta was drained, I put the sauce in the pan with the pasta and mixed in some feta instead of parmesan cheese. I had way too much sauce for the amount of pasta. Oh, and I used penne instead of corkscrews.

This. Was. Awesome. We all really liked it, and I loved the feta mixed into it! Our friend Ed was here for dinner and had some and gave his approval as well. There's quite a bit left which will be nice for lunches the next couple days!

2 comments:

Allie said...

This sounds so yummy I think I will try it and not tell my carnivore of a husband it's meatless!

Joanne said...

Wow, that sounds super easy!