Saturday, March 22, 2008

Kebabs

I have a sick kid in my house. For those of you that have kids, you feel my pain I'm sure. We think it started from heat exhaustion, but he still had a fever all day today. Last night we took him to urgent care, the fever was that high. My fingers are crossed that he wakes up tomorrow morning all better. I don't want my little boy sick for Easter! Which reminds me, I need to get his Easter basket together.

When I was figuring out dinners for this week, the husband said we should grill tonight. We don't remember which of us suggested kebabs, but we were both really pleased with them. My bestest friend got us these way cool kebab skewers for Christmas. Aren't bestest friends awesome?! We love you, Brooke!!! (And if you haven't ever been to that website, beware...you can easily drop a big chunk of change there on all the cool stuff they have.)

I don't have a real recipe for these. We used chicken, sausage, red and oragne peppers, baby yukon gold potatoes, cherry tomatoes, and mushrooms. Yummy!! We stuck the pieces on the skewers and then threw those on the grill. Unfortunately the husband burned his hand grabbing a skewer to keep it from falling and letting the dog eat raw chicken. Poor guy. Anyway, we left them on there until the chicken was cooked. Some of the potatoes were a little undercooked, but everything else was fine. I LOVE grilled mushrooms. The husband liked the sausage best.

We're headed to my mom's tomorrow for Easter dinner, but I'm taking dessert. I'm making this amazing chocolate pie recipe my sister-in-law Tracie gave me several years ago. I had lost the recipe, but she very graciously sent it to me for something like the millionth time. I can't wait to have it...I think the last time I made it was before the husband and I were married.

No comments: