Monday, March 31, 2008

Macaroni and Cheese

The boy and I survived our trip to CA. It was my first time flying alone with him, so I was pretty nervous, but he was great! God bless the inventor of the portable DVD player!! We had fun visiting my sis-in-law and nephew's. The boy had a great time with his cousins. He was so sad when we got home.

Now it's back to the daily grind. I wanted relatively easy stuff to make for dinner this week, so I thought we'd start of with my mother-in-law's macaroni and cheese. It's so yummy and so cheesy and so ridiculously easy to make. I'm tempted to mix it up this afternoon and stick it in the fridge, but I'm concerned it wouldn't be as gooey and yummy and cheesy if I did that. Plus I have enough to do during nap time.

Aurelia's Macaroni and Cheese
(these are "unmeasured ingredients", add to your taste)
hot boiled macaroni (8 to 12 ounce bag)
1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese (~8oz)
parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
butter or margarine (1/2 stick)
few tablespoons of milk
salt/pepper

boil macaroni
drain
mix all other ingredients into the hot macaroni
place in 350 oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted
(toss in other cheeses as you like. ie american is good)

*****

I was putting cheese away in my cheese drawer after grocery shopping today and realized I have almost a whole block of cheap grocery store brand parmesan cheese, so I'm going to try to use up quite a bit of that in this tonight. I'm going to Costco on Wednesday and want to make the transition to REAL parmigiano-reggiano cheese. I'll feel more justified in doing that if this cheap stuff is gone.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Glad you are back! I missed your posts.