Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Chili Cheese Tortilla Wraps

We were going to have this later in the week, but I realized the dinner I planned for tonight wasn't going to work out. Don't you hate when you figure that out in the afternoon?! I guess better the afternoon than 5:00. That's even worse. It worked out because I was able to throw it together this afternoon instead of having to slave in the kitchen when the husband got home. I hate being a kitchen slave. ;)

I'm excited to have this because we haven't had it in a really long time. It's one we seemed to be having pretty often, so I took it out of rotation. The husband is SO EXCITED we're having this...it's one of his favorites.

Chili Cheese Tortilla Wraps
1 16-oz can nonfat refried beans
1 8-oz package nonfat cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
1 4-oz can diced green chilies, drained
3/4 cup chopped green onions
1 cup nonfat shredded cheddar cheese
4 98% fat free flour tortillas

Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine refried beans, cream cheese, chilies, and green onions in slow cooker and mix well. Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours or high heat for 2 hours, stirring once or twice during cooking. If cooking on low heat, increase to high. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheesse and sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over top. Warm tortillas. Spoon bean mixture into tortillas; roll and serve immediately. Can be served with tortilla chips instead of tortillas.

*****

I skipped the green onions this time because I didn't feel like cutting them up when I was putting everything together...which was good because the green onions I had were pretty pathetic looking. I'll let you in on a secret...I'm not very good about cleaning out the produce drawers in my fridge. At least they were still solid. Yes, produce can turn into liquids if you didn't know that. Learned that one the hard way! Maybe I should delete that. Nah, maybe it will make someone feel better about the state of their fridge. ;)

No comments: