Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Greek Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Feta

I figured I go back into the recesses of my blog to find stuff for dinner this week. I saw this and realized we haven't had it in months, and it's something we really like. I also realized the few posts I've done with pictures, I like. So I think I'm going to keep our old camera handy in the kitchen and starting adding more pictures of what I'm making. Excitement is oozing out of you, isn't it?!

Greek Spaghetti with Tomatoes and Feta
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 large garlic clove, minced
3 cups diced tomato
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 cups hot cooked thin spaghetti (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese, divided
Freshly ground pepper
Lemon slices (optional)
Green onions (optional)

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oregano and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, green onions, 2 tablespoons parsley, and lemon juice; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

Combine tomato mixture, spaghetti, and 3/4 cup cheese; toss gently. Top with remaining cheese and parsley, and serve with pepper. Garnish with lemon slices and green onions, if desired.

*****

I didn't think to get bread to go with this, but I think I have some in the freezer we can have. Tonight is bath night for the boy, so it's a perfect night for spaghetti!

No comments: