Friday, February 15, 2008

Tofu Stir Fry

I had planned on making chicken stir fry for dinner on Wednesday night, but I used my last chicken breasts on Monday. I didn't want to have to come up with a whole new dinner, so I modified it and used tofu instead of chicken. I love stir fry for dinner--it's so easy! BTW, I buy Yoshida's teriyaki sauce at Costco, so I usually always have it on hand. We like things saucy, so I tend to add quite a bit of sauce.

Tofu Stir Fry
1 package extra firm tofu
1 package (one pound) frozen stir fry vegetables
Teriyaki sauce
Rice

Drain tofu. Spray large skillet or wok with non-stick spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook until lightly browned. Remove tofu from pan, add stir fry vegetables and cover. Cook until veggies are heated through. Return tofu to skillet, add in teriyaki sauce. Stir and let teriyaki sauce heat through. Serve over rice.

No comments: