Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Macaroni and Cheese

Phew...the birthday weekend is all over, so things can start getting back to normal! One of the first things we're doing is taking our house back from the toys that have overtaken our entire living space! We're converting our guest room into a play room, and I CANNOT WAIT!

Aside from that, I'll be glad to get everything back on track and be able to update here everyday. I didn't do much cooking over the weekend which was nice. My family came over for dinner last night, but my mom brought everything with her, I just seared tuna steaks and made some Pasta Roni. I did make my mother-in-law's macaroni and cheese on Sunday night for part of Will's birthday dinner. It was a huge hit! Even my cousin who is probably the world's pickiest eater liked it. I've posted it before, but here you go again!

Aurelia's Macaroni and Cheese
(these are "unmeasured ingredients", add to your taste)
hot boiled macaroni (8 to 12 ounce bag)
1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese (~8oz)
parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
butter or margarine (1/2 stick)
few tablespoons of milk
salt/pepper

boil macaroni
drain
mix all other ingredients into the hot macaroni
place in 350 oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted
(toss in other cheeses as you like. ie american is good)

*****

I used two bags of shredded cheese in mine and then topped it off with a little more. Luckily we always have a ridiculous amount of cheese on hand in the fridge.

No comments: