Thursday, February 7, 2008

Crockpot Chicken

The husband is on the mend, so it's back to real dinners! Good thing because we didn't have a lot of random dinner stuff on hand. Last night the kid had chicken nuggets and I had a can of chili. Thankfully those days were short-lived!

I had gotten out a chicken to do in the crockpot, and that's what we're having tonight. I wasn't feeling overly inspired with it, so I cut up an onion and put that in the cavity. I mixed together some lemon pepper and Pasta & Co House Herbs and spread under the skin. I got a late start on it, so I've had the crockpot on high for the last five hours. When I checked a couple hours ago there wasn't much liquid in the pot, so poured some chicken broth over the top of the chicken.

I'm hoping it's done in time for us to eat...last time I checked it, the temperature of the chicken was still too low! I think we're going to have feta mashed potatoes with it and maybe some peas of green beans.

No comments: