Friday, February 8, 2008

Grilled Pizzas

Well, the husband is on the mend. Woo hoo!! We're having grilled pizzas tonight, and I'm so excited! We haven't had them in quite awhile. I bought two crusts at Trader Joe's today...one plain and one garlic and herb. I'm hoping to get two pizzas out of each dough, but we'll see. I don't remember how big they are. I'm going to use the plain crust for BBQ Chicken Pizza. The garlic and herb I think I'm going to do one margherita pizza (basil, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella) and one with red peppers, caramelized onions, and feta. I have a red pepper I need to use, so I thought that would be good.

For the BBQ Chicken Pizza I mix chicken with some BBQ sauce, not a lot, just enough to lightly coat each piece. I use BBQ sauce as the sauce for the crust. For cheese I do a mixture of smoked mozzarella and regular mozzarella. Then I top it with cilantro or green onions. Yum!!

Since it's been awhile since we've done grilled pizzas, here's a link to a tutorial on how to grill them in case you haven't tried it:

Cooking Light's How to Grill Pizzas

It says on there to flip after three minutes, but we've found it to be closer to five. It may depend on the grill, too. Grilling pizzas is totally addicting, so consider yourselves warned. I'm totally excited for this dinner tonight, plus we're going to have baked brie as a pre-dinner snack!

No comments: