Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mexicali Napoleons

Ahhh...finally! Finally we're done eating leftover pizza from Friday night, and finally I get to try this recipe!! I had a sheet of puff pastry leftover from something, so I checked out puffpastry.com for recipes. There were several that sounded good, but I had just about everything on hand for this one. I've been wanting to make it all week, but I wanted to wait for the husband to be well again.

Mexicali Napoleons
1/2 pkg. Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet)
1 can (about 16 oz.) Pace® Traditional Refried Beans
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
3 tbsp. drained canned chopped green chiles
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chopped tomato
2 green onions, sliced
1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro leaves

THAW pastry sheet at room temperature 30 min. Preheat oven to 400°F.

UNFOLD pastry on lightly floured surface. Cut into 3 strips along fold marks. Cut each strip into 2 rectangles. Place 2" apart on baking sheet. Bake 15 min. or until golden. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.

HEAT beans. Split pastries into 2 layers, making 12 layers in all. Spread beans on 6 bottom layers. Top with cheese, chiles and top layers. Spread top layers with sour cream. Sprinkle with tomatoes, green onions and cilantro.

*****

Mmmm...I can't wait to try it! I'm not sure what we're going to have with it, I haven't thought that far ahead yet.

No comments: