Thursday, May 21, 2009

Quick and Easy Mexican Chicken

We have had a fun, long day! My mom has a membership to the Desert Botanical Gardens here in Phoenix, and they currently have two exhibits going on we wanted to see. One is a Dale Chihuly glass sculpture exhibit and the other is their annual butterfly pavilion. My mom had seen the Chihuly exhibit already, but I really wanted to see it, and we wanted to take the boy to see the butterflies. Both exhibits end May 31st, and today wasn't supposed to be nearly as hot as it's been so we jumped for it. I'm glad we went--the blown glass was amazing. It was scattered throughout the gardens mixed in with the plants. The butterflies were really cool, too. We went last year to see that, and the boy was not at all interested. This year he really liked it. After the gardens we went to lunch at Rainforest Cafe, which to me is right up there with Chili's, Applebee's, and Olive Garden...places I would rather avoid eating at if I can. But, the boy really wanted to go there, and he had been really good at the gardens, so my mom and I decided to indulge him. It wasn't bad necessarily, but it wasn't worth the money they charge. I don't dig over-priced mediocre food. Anyway, I was hoping the boy and baby would nap at the same time so I could lay down for awhile, but of course that didn't happen.

Jen B. made this chicken last week, and it reminded me that I hadn't made it in quite awhile. The first time we had it, I LOVED it. I'm really excited to have it again. I'm going to make up a package of saffron rice (I've decided that even though it has MSG in it, we eat it rarely enough that I can keep buying it) and add in some black beans, and I'll also make glazed carrots to go along. Here's the link to the last time I made it:

Quick and Easy Mexican Chicken

No comments: