Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cheese Ravioli with Pesto Sauce

I needed another easy dinner tonight since I'm not going grocery shopping until after my kids are in bed tonight. I much prefer going by myself because if I take both kids, the boy insists on getting one of those obnoxious car carts. Have you tried to push one of those around the store? Pain in the ass...especially since you really have to work at not running into things. Or at least I do. So, I try to avoid grocery shopping with both kids at all costs. It was pretty slim pickings around our house, so I had to be a little creative. I was looking for something in the garage freezer and saw a bag of frozen raviolis. Then in my pantry I noticed a packet of an organic pesto sauce I bought recently. Voila! Dinner for tonight was planned. I'm looking forward to trying the pesto mix. Dinner should be super easy to put together...boil water, add raviolis, mix up sauce, stir in some pine nuts (as recommended on the pesto packet), shave some parmesan on top, and then eat. I think I'll heat up some bread to have with it and either some peas or broccoli.

I'll be back tomorrow with a real dinner again!

1 comment:

jenanderson said...

I hear you about shopping with the kids. That is why I get up at 5 AM and do my shopping. Driving those car carts is hard enough but when you also have to try and look over the baby seat that is just more then I can handle.