Monday, May 25, 2009

Potatoes on the Grill

This was the potato recipe I found when I went looking on RecipeZaar.com. I had made some kind of grilled potatoes last summer I remember, but I must not have put it in the blog because I couldn't find it. But, this one was REALLY good, so I'm glad I found it.

Potatoes on the Grill
Recipe #28587

6 medium potatoes
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
paprika (optional)

Peel and thinly slice potatoes, place on a double layer of foil. Spread potatoes to make one layer. Add onion to potatoes. Add cheese, salt and pepper. Garnish with a little paprika if desired. Fold foil over and on ends to completely cover potatoes. Cook on grill until done when tested with a fork.

*****

I cut it in half since the boy doesn't like potatoes (weird, I know), and it was the perfect amount for us. These were GREAT!!! I will definitely be making these again. Super easy and tasty. I had them on the grill for probably 20-25 minutes. I put them on a few minutes before the chicken and then took them off at the same time. Oh, and I sprayed the foil with nonstick spray before putting everything down. Some of the cheese still stuck to the foil, but not that much. I may play around with spices next time and add some others to it. I wanted to see how it turned out on its own this time, and it was good, but I think I'll still play around with it a little.

No comments: