Friday, May 8, 2009

Freezer Pancakes

I offered to make pancakes and freeze them to take along on our trip for breakfast while we're there. I love this pancake recipe, and the boy loves to help me mix up the batter. These are from the cookbook my message board put together.

Freezer Pancakes
1 cup flour
2 Tbsp sugar
2-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/4 cup milk
3 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
1 large egg, lightly beaten

Combine dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and stir until flour is moistened. Heat griddle or pan to medium heat, until drops of water sizzle when dropped on it. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon about 1/4 cup worth of batter for each pancake. Turn when the tops are bubbley and the edges look dry. Cook on other side until golden brown.

To freeze: Let pancakes cool compleely and stack in Ziploc bag either alone or in between sheets of wax paper for easier separation. To reheat, cook in microwave for about 1.5 minutes for every three pancakes.

*****

I add in some vanilla to the batter because I just like the taste it gives the pancakes. Sometimes I add in a tablespoon of ground flax seed. I doubled the recipe this time, and it made a TON of pancakes.

No comments: