Sunday, July 29, 2007

Saito Chicken

I hope everyone has had a nice weekend! We had a really good one--lots of family time and my husband and I got to see a movie! Oh, and we got a Nintendo Wii, so things were good at the Knightly house this weekend. :)

Sorry for the late post, I was distracted by the Wii most of the day. This way I can do the recipe and review all in one! This chicken marinade is one I use all the time. Last summer I made it whenever we'd have someone over for dinner. It's super easy, and the ingredients are ones I always have on hand. The name comes from the originator of the recipe, my high school best friend's art teacher, Mr. Saito. Feel free to call it whatever you want.

Saito Chicken
1/2 c. oil
1/3 c. lemon juice
1/4 c. soy sauce
1 or 2 crushed garlic cloves
1 tsp. ground ginger
salt and pepper

Mix and pour over chicken. Let marinate an hour, flipping chicken after 30 minutes. Grill over medium heat, about 7 minutes per side.

*****

I've used that amount of marinade for as many as eight chicken breasts, so it makes a good amount of marinade. I also usually let it marinate longer than an hour. Our side dishes tonight weren't anything fancy...grilled corn on the cob and a Suddenly Salad pasta salad. My friend Laura sent me a recipe for an orzo pasta salad that sounds fantastic, but I ran out of time to make it. Darn Wii!! ;)

The chicken was good, as always. I could eat this several nights a week, it's one of my favorites.

No comments: